Thursday, September 16, 2010

Outdoor Shower

I had such a lovely shower in the rain this morning!  There is nothing quite like it, feeling the rain along with the hot water.  For someone who is definitely not an outdoors type and who much prefers seeing her garden and yard from the comfortable inside, it is amazing just how much I love my outdoor shower.  It is my connection to the earth, to the Goddess, to nature, to the Tao, to the universe.  I enjoy the fragrances of the woods along with all the shower gels I have--an interesting combination of natural and man-made, I suppose, but it works for me.  I do yoga in my shower--including tree pose and eagle pose, and I chant at the end of my shower and give thanks for the experience.  And now, thanks to my new purple boardwalk (photos posted on my webpage), I can even walk barefoot out to my shower and back.  Anyway, it was a really wonderful experience this morning and a great way to get the day going.

No comments:

Post a Comment