Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cataract Surgery

Well, I do rather feel as if I've been put through the wringer, but my second cataract surgery, right eye this time, went well, and my vision is definitely much improved.  I didn't sleep well last night, and then got up at 4AM to get ready.  My good friend Blythe picked me up at 6:30 for a 7AM ferry ride to Tacoma, and we were at Pacific Cataract and Laser Institute at 7:50 for my 8:30 surgery.  I was the second surgery of the day and it took 13 minutes--I had a different surgeon who takes a longer time, but that was fine with me.  He said he also did some extra polishing so that I might not get the secondary cataract, or at least not so quickly.  We were on our way back to the ferry before 9:30, and I was home just ahead of 10:30.  By noon I could take the tape off my eye, and at first it was all really disorienting as I not only had double vision, but one of the images was rotated about 45 degrees, making things really like something out of Alice in Wonderland!  But by 2PM my vision was actually very good indeed.  I do have the astigmatism issues, but my distance vision is great, and I'm finding that I need less power in my mid-range and reading cheaters.  Blythe picked me up again just after 2PM so I could be one of the witnesses for her re-done will, but otherwise, I've just sat in my recliner, to Sasha's great joy!  I am really wiped out and I know I'll be in bed early tonight!  But I suspect I'll be better by tomorrow and that my recovery will go smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment