Sunday, December 25, 2011

Best Present Ever

Holiday Lights
Eric and Josie
I saw a blog prompt the other day which asked what was your best holiday gift ever.  For me, this year, that answer is easy.  The best present I have received ever has been this year when I have been given the gift of contact with both of my adult children, and after an absence in one case of nearly 15 years, the gift is priceless beyond measure!  








Josie and Grandma, with Chauncey and Poosa
And so for me this year this holiday season has been filled with light, joy, and love.  I include a few sample photos in this post and the full holiday photo album may be found here.  Meanwhile, how would you answer this prompt?



Josie, Kelly, and Eric

2 comments:

  1. Aww, that's a great gift! And I love your joyful photos.

    My best holiday gift is my grandmother. About 15 years ago she was diagnosed with a rare auto-immune disorder. She grew weaker and weaker until she couldn't even walk more than a few feet.

    And then her doctor asked if she'd be willing to try a brand new drug. She said yes. It didn't happen overnight but eventually she went back to doing everything she was doing before.

    I'm so grateful to still have her around. She's been in remission now for well over a decade. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lydia! That is a fantastic gift and I'm thrilled that you have your grandmother! All the best for the holiday season and have a great 2012!

    ReplyDelete