Sunday, January 29, 2012

Photo Update


Daphne and Sasha
Snow Day

I haven't written in awhile and it is time to play catch up with words and photos.  This month has seen the arrival of winter at last, at least for a week.  We had enough snow to shut down the island for nearly a week, and it was a lovely break.  I spent a lot of time reading with Sasha in my lap and that has been really quality time.  Sasha is weakening but still full of spunk.  I treasure every day with her.  Animals have so much to teach us and I am trying to learn every day.


Sasha Enjoys New Furniture






I still am working on health issues and maybe I always will.  The hot tub seems to be helping with my fibromyalgia pain and it certainly feels good to soak twice a day in nice hot water.  I missed it when the power was off for 24 hours and glad to get back in it once the power was restored.  It was great fun to catch snowflakes on my tongue as I soaked in the hot water.


Laoise, Thackeray, and Sasha
I continue to tutor at Student Link as well as a couple other students at home and I find the work enriching and satisfying.  I am very dismayed at the way education in this country is degrading and it is sad that so many students need assistance because the quality of classroom instruction is failing.  Math students no longer get their homework corrected because the teachers simply have too many students.  Students are all too frequently shoved onwards without learning the skills they will need to succeed, and it is disheartening and discouraging.  But I am making a difference in my world and I know that I am helping the students I tutor to learn what they need to pursue their dreams and that means a great deal to me.
Snow Sliding Off the Metal Roof


 Otherwise, life continues in its predictable routine.  I hope to be able to return to quilting on a more regular basis soon.  I find it rewarding to teach the bridge class as my students are so wonderful and supportive.  I am so lucky to be living where I am in such a wonderful caring community.  I hope you enjoy my photos and you may find even more on my Picassa site.  And I hope the new year is off to a good start for each and every one of you.






Painting of Sasha by Cynthia Zheutlin







No comments:

Post a Comment